Old 11-07-2005, 12:00 PM
pammyT

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:

Some forms of Ipomoea are eaten in the Far East, and they are fairly
closely related. I suspect that bindweed would only give you mild
indigestion. The families to watch out for are the Solanaceae and
the Fabaceae/Leguminosae/Papilonaceae - the potato and pea families.
A good 50% of them are deadly, despite the fact that a huge number
of food plants belong to them.

Also Apiaceae/Umbelliferae?

Right. It doesn't seem to have the same density of poisonous plants
as the the two I mentioned, but isn't short of them ....

My goats used to like it too when I had goats. I understood from an old
book that it was useful in cases of diarrhoeah as it would help 'bind' the
motions.
Funny enouh the tortoise was indeed ill when I got him and he had
diarrhoeah so perhaps he knows what to eat which will help him?