Old 11-07-2005, 12:59 PM
JW

Rosyposey wrote:

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone can help with this. I have been trying
to look at some of the really interesting questions posted, and
frustratingly 95percent of them have a line scored through them when i click
on them and say 'removed from server- no longer available on the server'
this is for any post before the 3rd July. I have just read the info from
sysop, but the ones preceeding it are all missing. Does the website
provided there contain an archive? Sorry if I'm asking silly questions
here, I'm a bit behind on the tech side of understanding how newsgroups
work.
Rosie

The majority of posts are archived in google, unless the poster has
chosen NOT to include their posts in the archive.

That is found he
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.rec.gardening?hl=en

Google also provides some useful help about what USENET is (the bit of
the web thats older than me! : ) ) and how it works!

How long posts are kept on a server depends on your providers settings..
Looks like yours is set to around 7 or 8 days only.

Regards

Jim

--
Plants etc on Ebay