Old 11-07-2005, 01:04 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Iain Robinson writes:

| Thanks to everyone for their replies - I'm adjusting my drymix
| accordingly. One more question however - as I'm using a drymix to lay
| the slabs onto do I deliberately wet the patio to set the process off or
| just let nature take it's course? Also, I'm wondering if I have to not
| walk on the patio for longer than normal. 24hrs was mentioned but that
| may not have been for a drymix base. I've seen wetting the finished
| slabs recommended to help 'settle' it all in but wonder if there are any
| issues with this on a drymix base?

Well, one of the reasons that I laid on sand and use a weak drymix
for grouting, is that it makes it easy to fix problems. If you
are in ANY doubt about getting it right first time, don't cement
anything down that you don't have to. No, slabs laid on sand (and
even on many soils) don't shift - if you do it right.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.