Old 11-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Vox Humana

wrote in message
oups.com...
I had wonderful surprise in my garden a week ago. I had resisted
pulling a weed that was growing amongst some hostas along the
foundation of my house, and it bloomed...the most beautiful orchid-like
flowers, with a lavendar and green color.

After much searching on the web, I've finally identified it - Epipactis
helleborine:
http://www.ct-botanical-society.org/...actishell.html

Anyone else have this plant? Any ideas on how I can encourage it to
keep coming back?

I have something that looks like this growing in the wooded part of my
property. I don't recall ever seeing it bloom, however. Now I will start
searching to see if I can find one in bloom. I have been weeding it out of
my beds. It is really pretty. I'm in zone 6.