Old 11-07-2005, 06:23 PM
paghat

In article , Stephen
Henning wrote:

"Travis" wrote:

I also said mulching. So as the tractor moves forward, the grass is
discharged out to the rear, hence rear discharge. You really can't
mow much grass if the mower is not moving. Rear discharge mowers
are great in that they don't throw grass at people or walkways
nearby. You also don't have to decide which way to throw the
grass. It just lays back down in place. What a novel concept.

So you do have the option of bagging but choose not to. That is
different than bagging is not an option.

Absolutely not. How do you bag grass clippings that are lying on the
ground. You would need a sweeper or vacuum which is independent of the
mower. A rear discharge mulching mower has no discharge. It just lays
the grass on the ground. The rear axle is behind the mower.

Our mulch mower has an option of lifting a side-plate & attaching a bag.
We never bought the bag attachment but it's nevertheless possible.

-paggers
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html