Old 11-07-2005, 05:03 PM
RichToyBox

I had a leak in a 4 inch line to my vortex filter and used several different
methods to try to stop the leak, finally used the tape and it has been there
for 3 or 4 years. If it works, when it fails, it is easy to replace, and
that may be a job that comes around only every few years.
--
RichToyBox

"Wilmdale" wrote in message
RichToyBox wrote:

Using the electrical tape that Roy mentions will help to identify the
location. Once you have the right joint identified, then they make a
plumbing repair tape that looks like heavy electrical tape. I have used
it
and it works. You might remake the joint with the teflon tape, and see if
that is the location, since that is easy.

Hi RTB,
Got the repair tape. Says it is for 'temporary repairs only'. I was
wondering if caulking might work as well and last longer? Or should I
look for something like Gorilla Glue for a permanent solution.
Thanks.
W. Dale