Old 10-11-2002, 04:33 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default Wormery

The message
from "Pauline Jones" contains these words:

My husband is a very keen gardener and has a large compost heap. He has our
large garden and 2 allotments. I thought it might be a good idea to buy him
a wormery for christmas. Will it be of use to him or will it be too small
for him to be interested in and I will have wasted my money?

Probably the latter. I think most people who choose wormeries see them
as a mini tidy effortless alternative to a proper compost heap.They
create a small amount of potting compost and liquid fertiliser. As he
needs, and already makes, large amounts of compost to feed his soil, he
probably won't really want or need a wormery.

Janet.