Old 11-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Kay

In article , Jaques
d'Alltrades writes
The message
from "David W.E. Roberts" contains these words:

Took years for me to recover from the dreadful food.
I can even eat curry now, despite the aversion therapy due to the stuff they
served under that name.

I don't remember that the food was exceptionally bad (in the prep,
anyway) but there was never enough of it.

Post war rationing presumably changed one's perceptions ;-)

My SO to this day finds sweet things hard to tolerate since his mother
routinely switched his 'sweets allowance' to sugar to make jam which she
then sold.

--
Kay