Old 11-07-2005, 09:56 PM
Warren

Ending just before dawn.

Why? If you water during the day, more water is lost to evaporation before
it even hits the grass. If you water after sunset, some moisture remains on
the blades for too long, and you could encourage fungal problems.

That leaves just before dawn. Less water evaporates as part of the
sprinkling process, and water that makes it to the blades, but doesn't make
it to the soil can evaporate quickly, and not provide a place for fungus to
multiply.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Have an outdoor project? Get a Black & Decker power tool::
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blackanddecker/