Old 12-07-2005, 02:59 AM
Edgar

"willshak" wrote in message
My leaf blower ran out of 2 cycle mix today. I keep a milk gallon jug of
ready mixed fuel in the garden shed. I took the jug and filled the tank
in the blower. I started it up and it ran for about 10 seconds then
died. No amount of fiddling with the choke or gas lever would allow the
machine to run. I thought perhaps the fuel had gone bad in the shed so I
decided to mix up another batch. When I went to dump out the old
contents of the jug, I happened to see a hand written magic marker note
on the jug. "Weed-be Gone. 2 Oz per gallon". Well, I am sure no weeds
will be growing in my leaf blower. :-)

OH NO!

I chained a metal tag on the handle of my gas jug describing it as "TWO
CYCLE" gas (so I don't do a boo boo).
And, I ALWAYS mix full batches (with a completely empty container) not
partials (never; gee, I think I'll use about that much oil).

You may have lucked out. The motor may have 'quit' before it seized. It's
worth a look inside before you junk it.

^^