Old 12-07-2005, 12:38 AM
Wolf Kirchmeir

Philip Lewis wrote:
Wolf Kirchmeir writes:

Also, you have to cut more often, as the reel mower doesn't handle
high grass very well. More exercise for me. :-)

heh... I keep the power mower in reserve for just such an occasion.
(cut the high parts just yesterday in fact.)

I hope to find enough time to reel mow the rest of the year...
I hate the noisy beast.

I suppose I could get a scythe for the long stuff.

I have a scythe, Austrian made, must be 60 years old at least. Haven't
used it in years, it was always hard to keep sharp, and if it's not
sharp enogh to slice a feather drifting onto it, it's a real pain to cut
grass with. Besides, there's a real trick to doing it right, if you
don't, you'll have one mother of a backache.

Hah!