Old 12-07-2005, 01:33 AM
Mike

Default `Need suggestions for Ground Cover Plants

Hi, I live in the mid atlantic region about thirty miles north of
Washington, DC in a townhouse with a fenced front yard measuring about
sixteen feet across and and eighteen feet deep with southern exposure. In
the center of the yard is a cherry tree (doesn't bear fruit) with trunk
about 18" - 22" in diameter. When I moved in a couple of years ago, the
yard was mostly covered in ground cover plants. Not knowing anything about
plants I pulled some of the different plants thinking they were weeds. I
want to replant the yard with gound cover plants, but I don't have a clue
which ones to buy. I don't what to plant grass due to the shade the tree
produces and I believe grass lawns are wasteful, what with thw watering and
chemicals needed too maintain them. Any and all suggestions are welcome,

Thanks,

Mike