Old 12-07-2005, 01:39 AM
Travis

paghat wrote:
In article vUiAe.5489$ao6.2781@trnddc05, "Travis"
wrote:

Tom Jaszewski wrote:
On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 19:29:45 GMT, "Travis"
wrote:

I use insecticides on ornamentals

Indicative of your displayed garden talents...

To kill the aphids.

Travis, you're getting sidetracked. Now Tom'll be able to make fun
of your for implying insecticides are necessary to get rid of
aphids. You missed entirely that in response to your request for
scientific data favorable to compost tea, he provided promotional
literature derived from crazy Elaine Ingham, who fabricates data
strictly to promote her compost tea company. Tom's "best" science
is vendor indoctrinating literature. By slight of hand he
persistently avoids actual data & supplants it with vendor promo
pieces by the likes of Steve Diver & Elaine Ingham.

I don't use insecticides & a little surprised you do. Very
curiously, I've just never needed them! If I did come up against
somethiung that couldn't be handled organically, I might be tempted
by nasty toxins, who knows, but so far organic methods have been
totally successful, while some of my chums who are not organic in
their gardening approach have insect troubles all the time no
matter how many chemicals they slather on everything.

-paghat the ratgirl

I only use it on roses. It is all gone now and won't buy any more next
year. I do use Neem oil and another Bayer product to try to control
mites on my bamboo. If anyone knows the secret to controlling or
eradicating bamboo mites *please* let me know.

Thanks

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5