Old 12-07-2005, 01:57 AM
Travis

paghat wrote:
In article ,
Stephen Henning wrote:

"Travis" wrote:

I also said mulching. So as the tractor moves forward, the
grass is discharged out to the rear, hence rear discharge.
You really can't mow much grass if the mower is not moving.
Rear discharge mowers are great in that they don't throw
grass at people or walkways nearby. You also don't have to
decide which way to throw the grass. It just lays back down
in place. What a novel concept.

So you do have the option of bagging but choose not to. That is
different than bagging is not an option.

Absolutely not. How do you bag grass clippings that are lying on
the ground. You would need a sweeper or vacuum which is
independent of the mower. A rear discharge mulching mower has no
discharge. It just lays the grass on the ground. The rear axle
is behind the mower.

Our mulch mower has an option of lifting a side-plate & attaching a
bag. We never bought the bag attachment but it's nevertheless
possible.

-paggers

Our rear discharge/mulching mower can either bag or mulch. That other
(don't remember his name) guy said he had a rear discharge/mulching
mower with no discharge. I think he was just being a jerk.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5