Old 11-07-2005, 11:54 PM
AllenC

In . com, kathy
wrote:

Anyone in the path of Hurricane Dennis?

I didn't think it would be that big a deal here, just north of
Atlanta, GA. As it turns out, after about 7 inches of rain ...

Was it Rich that posted a hurricane primer?
(or any big storm precaution)

I missed that :/

I read on another board about lowering your
pond a couple of inches.

I've done that in the past, and I won't do it again.

There was so much rain here that the rain water gathered under the
pond liner and displaced hundreds of gallons of water.

Images, not great:
http://www.easytospell.com/pondl/

The first 3 are the liner "floating" on the water under the liner. I
was a little stressed so I didn't get very good images :/

The rest were taken 2 hours later, after most of the water had been
removed via a garden host siphon. If you ever have this happen to you,
use your handy shop vac to get the siphon action started.

The last shot is how much hose I stuck under the liner to get at the
water. I didn't realise how far it went under, I just kept pushing it
under hoping to reach the bottom.

Much better pictures can be found here (taken under non stress
conditions =] ) http://www.easytospell.com/pets/

--
*Osc on efnet aka Allen C

remove 'news' & - to email