Old 12-07-2005, 02:00 AM
Mike Lyle

Bob Smith (UK) wrote:
"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
"seroxatmad" wrote in

message

Hi

I make my own wine and have to sterilise 5 Litre drums. Can this
water be used on my garden or should it be poured down the drain!
It is a Chlorine 7% w/w if that makes any difference.

Regards

Stottie

--
seroxatmad

Best not to use it on the garden.
http://store.priorities.com/raingargroga.html

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Would it evaporate off if it was left in an open water butt?
(Thinking of the advice when you are topping up fish tanks).

I'm sure it would be OK in a water butt: it'll be diluted in the
first place, and should have time for the available chlorine to come
off before the water's used. (I can't really imagine the chlorine
would hang about for more than a week. I'm sure you can ignore any
small-scale reactions which may or may not take place)

--
Mike.