Old 12-07-2005, 05:28 AM
Suzy O

Good heavens, Japanese beetle traps are NOT a good thing. Usually they lure
more beetles into the area than what would have been there to begin with.
My sources say that if you do use them, set them far away from any plants
they like. The Wisconsin Extension has a nice factsheet on JBs that
describes their life cycle, control, etc.
http://www.uwex.edu/ces/wihort/gardenfacts/X1062.pdf

Good luck,

Suzy O, Zone 5, Wisconsin

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
"Suzy O" wrote:

"KD" wrote in message

-snip-
My Hollyhock leaves are suffering the same fate, from the same invisible
insect.

I find Japanese beetles on both my Zuchini & my Hollyhocks. They do
seem to eat quite a bit & hide on the bottoms of the leaves so they
aren't seen very often. If they get out of hand a little Sevin seems
to get them back under control. Usually I just let the birds feast
on htem. They make Japanese Beetle traps, but I've never tried
them.

Jim