Old 12-07-2005, 03:08 AM
Lorenzo L. Love

Kathy wrote:
"Lorenzo L. Love" wrote in message
ink.net...

Purslane! It's reported to be extremely high in vitamins and minerals and
it grows like a weed because it is a weed. I grow the large leaf domestic
purslane but actually harvest more it the small leaf wild volunteer
purslane. After several years of growing both, I have a lot of wild
crossbreed purslane with medium sized leaves. Purslane is the most common
weed I have, growing in almost every container, pot and bed. Some people
eat it raw but to me that tastes like grass. Cooked it's delicious.

How are you cooking it that you like it so well? I've tried purslane and
mustn't have done it right, because I didn't think much of it.

Kathy

I just throw it in with what ever other veggies I'm cooking. Squash or
eggplant out of the garden, a bunch of purslane, lots of garlic, put in
a pot with olive oil and sweat it down. Serve over rice or noodles.
Easy, yummy. Sometimes if I'm cooking chicken, I'll split and roast the
chicken on a bed of purslane, onion and garlic.

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

"There is no love sincerer than the love of food."
George Bernard Shaw