Old 11-02-2003, 05:55 PM
Tanya

Default azalea questions

Dwayne wrote:

Can you give them too much acid. I dont have any of them, but I use azalea
food for my blueberries, and wonder if you arent giving them too much.
Maybe you could take a soil sample from one of your plants to the extension
office or someone with the capability, and have it tested for pH. Good
luck. Dwayne

"Tanya" wrote in message
hello,
zone 5
Azalea housePlants...
1. 1 had had (and is getting again) some sort of deficiency (white /
lime green tiny leaves) which i had been giving mirAcid to than 1 time
per week (it was deficient for 1 year)
how long does one *treat* them if they were deficient for that long a
time
(and possibly the others since they are only in 2/3 peat 1/3
perlite/sand)
2. the "spent" flowers -- how and where to cut the bases off?
3. do they require any other food aside from 30-10-10?
thank you!

thanks a lot, Dwayne
i have the capsules and a pool testing kit and tested them ... i'd given 1
sulfur for mites/root problems and that one had pH 6.8 (pool test) neutral w/
capsules) the others were basic (8) or neutral...

thanks again!
sincerely
Tanya