Old 12-07-2005, 12:50 PM
SVTKate

wrote in message
oups.com...
:I had wonderful surprise in my garden a week ago. I had resisted
: pulling a weed that was growing amongst some hostas along the
: foundation of my house, and it bloomed...the most beautiful orchid-like
: flowers, with a lavendar and green color.
:
: After much searching on the web, I've finally identified it - Epipactis
: helleborine:
: http://www.ct-botanical-society.org/...actishell.html
:
: Anyone else have this plant? Any ideas on how I can encourage it to
: keep coming back?
:
: Carol

Hey Carol!
I had something like that happen to me this year too!
We only bought our house last year and have just put in some rock garden.
We bought mulch from a local nursery and have had really quite allot of junk
in it but I have tried to watch for weeds.

These two little guys came up all on their own and WOW what a great
surprise!
http://www.kizthiz.com/1vine.jpg
http://www.kizthiz.com/1vine.jpg

I am hoping to get seeds from them and to grow them again next year
Arent blooming surprises just wonderful!

Kate