Old 12-07-2005, 02:28 PM
Wilmdale

Hi - thanks for the website. I do indeed have a duckweed problem .
I planted several more water liles yesterday so hopefully they will use
up the nutrients instead of the duckweed. I'm not prepared at this
point to go digging trenches etc. next to the pond to solve this
problem - is there some way to kill the duckweed off? If not can
anyone suggest a solution that doesn't involve digging trenches or
spending hundreds of dollars? I don't mind the algae blooms because I
think they will go away on their own, but the duckweed is getting
worse.
thanks!

You might try netting as much a possible and putting in in your flower
beds or something, cut back a bit on the feeding of your koi, and maybe,
just maybe, they will start to eat the duck weed. I keep the duck weed
in my veggie filter and sometimes some gets into the main pond. Does
not last long.
W. Dale