Old 11-11-2002, 10:45 AM
cross

Default Elaeagnus x ebbingei banquet?

Janet Baraclough wrote in message (snipped)
continental climates, without fully realising why our mild wet high
latitude climate is not advantageous to crops which need high light
levels or long dry warm summers to ripen. Their pages on quinoa are an
example, (and the advice on quinoa's "preferred" soil growing conditions
is nonsensically garbled).

Janet.

In the Isles of Scilly, Eleagnus ebbingei mosy definately fruits. The
fruits are black (in July) and very hard. One that I brought back has
germinated and is now a well established bush, but has not yet flowered.

Marina
E. Sx