Old 12-07-2005, 10:06 AM
Chris Hogg

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 19:55:30 +0000, solaara
wrote:

can anybody tell me how to get rid of cinquifoil which has invaded my
garden?would spraying it with tumbleweed which kills to the root, do
it?

I have it in my garden. It's difficult to eradicate. It tends to be
rather deep rooted, and any bits you leave behind re-shoot. I cleared
out a patch say 5 sq.m. with a fork about four months ago. After
removing as much as I could by hand, I re-checked the area fortnightly
for signs of new growth, and dug out any that appeared with a trowel.
All I see now is the occasional weakly leaf that I just pull off.

Glyphosate will probably kill it, but if it's in among other plants
it'll be difficult to avoid spraying them as well (although not
impossible, if you apply selectively with a paint brush for example).
You may need repeated applications.

--
Chris