Old 11-02-2003, 05:55 PM
Tanya

Default azalea questions

B & J wrote:

"Dwayne" wrote in message
Can you give them too much acid. I dont have any of them, but I use

azalea
food for my blueberries, and wonder if you arent giving them too much.
Maybe you could take a soil sample from one of your plants to the

extension
office or someone with the capability, and have it tested for pH. Good
luck. Dwayne

Definitely. A toxicity to trace elements develops if the ph level drops
below 4.5 which is evidenced when the leaves turn yellow, but the leaf veins
remain green.

John

thank you very much for the reply...
first only 1 is pH 7 (6.8) (i'd given it some sulfur for different reasons)
also they don't have yellow leaves w/ green veins..
1 has white/limeGreen leaves which are TINY on some branches
but the n, p k in all were the lowest numbers (deficient) (soil capsules) except
1 which i have been feeding more to... (which was debatably moderate)