Old 12-07-2005, 05:54 PM
Warren

Joey Goldstein wrote:
Hah. Thanks.
I'm a musician so waking up that early (sometimes before I've even gone
to bed!) is not an option. g

So get a timer.

All my hoses, sprinklers, nozzles, etc. have quick disconnects on them. I'll
go out around dinner time, and set the sprinkler to hit the right areas, and
then pop the hose off the sprinkler, sip a timer in between the hose and the
sprinkler. At 5am, while I'm involved in deep REM sleep, my lawn gets
watered. When I get up at 9am, and go out to get the paper, I can see the
last signs of wetness, and a finger into the soil confirms that it had been
watered while I slept.

I also use the timer on the soaker hoses I have buried in my various beds,
and I have a meter that turns off based on volume on the hose hidden in the
bushes that tops off my water feature. The net result is it doesn't matter
if I forget I'm watering something. The water is automatically turned off at
the right time. And being able to set the start time, I can water things at
the best time of day even though it coincides with when I'm fast asleep.

Rarely have I gotten so much satisfaction for so little money buying
something that seemed to be a luxury at the time.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Have an outdoor project? Get a Black & Decker power tool::
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blackanddecker/