Old 12-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Jennifer

Default Deer Vent

Just whining... planted my first-ever vegetable garden this year, and
it's been doing really well, but earlier this summer, I came out to
find the tops of my bush beans munched off and a big deer hoofprint in
the soil. I strung up that black deer netting 4 feet high around the
beds, my beans recovered, and all was well for a few months.

I came home last night and went out check the garden, and those sneaky
*******s RIPPED DOWN the black netting and snacked up my bush beans
again. My husband thought it must have been neighborhood kids, but no,
we had hoofprints again.

I know my mistake was putting the netting too close to the plants; the
leaves were touching the netting in many places, so I guess they proved
to be too much temptation. Next year - 6 foot fencing three feet away
from the beds.

Grumblerumblegrrrrr.

--
Jennifer