Old 12-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Travis

Bourne Identity wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:53:35 GMT, "Travis"
wrote:

Bourne Identity wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 05:43:47 GMT, "Travis"
wrote:

Bourne Identity wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 00:39:40 GMT, "Travis"
wrote:

I only use it on roses. It is all gone now and won't buy
any more next year. I do use Neem oil and another Bayer
product to try to control mites on my bamboo. If anyone
knows the secret to controlling or eradicating bamboo
mites *please* let me know.

Thanks

Proper watering, cultivation, fertilization, and hygiene.
If you have mites on your bamboo, they are in some major
type of stress. Major.

Victoria

Is that how you get rid of the bamboo mites on your boo?

I've never had mites on bamboo. However, I water properly when
needed, I cultivate properly, fertilize appropriately and clean
up broken, damaged or dead material from the ground. The
plants are also adequetly mulched. I'm not being a smart alec,
but because I'm organic, I have much less insect problems
because I have green lacewings, and many other beneficial
insects.

Victoria

How lucky you are to have mite free bamboo.

It has nothing to do with luck. Did you not just read the method I
use to make healthy the plants, which are no longer attractive to
pest insects and mites? Or, did you discount it all so you can
rationalize your use of pesticides which are outrageously toxic?

Hmmm.

I do all those things.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5