Old 12-07-2005, 06:31 PM
JennyC

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
Campsis radicans, the "Trumpet Vine".
Anyone growing them?

Yes :~)
In fact its just coming into flower as we speak.......

I ask as a neighbour needs something up to about 10ft max to give some
privacy to their patio from a neighbour who has recently had an extension
with a 1st floor veranda. I was thinking of banging in some tall poles then
joining them across with wire or wood slats to make a frame and letting a
couple of Trumpet Vines in different colours (red & yellow) do their work.
Their garden faces South and is a sun trap so the vines should grow and
flower well and look spectacular.
Comments on my suggestion welcome.
Regards

I have mine growing up an old tree stump. It's just started to take of after
being there for about three years. it looks as if it might go a bit
rampant........ :~))

Its deciduous so won't give much cover in winter.

Site with more info: http://www.floridata.com/ref/c/camp_rad.cfm

Jenny