Old 12-07-2005, 10:00 PM
bob campbell

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:51:43 -0700, bob campbell
wrote:

Greetings:

Anyone care to share tips?

I'm guessing it was from a wiring scar. I tried leaving it alone and it got
bigger. I tried some Minwax since the heartwood was exposed to help the tree
while it healed, it got bigger. I now have the edges coated with vaseline to
avoid the cambium from drying out and it seems ok.

Is there anything else I can do ( or maybe NOT do?).

Many thanls for all the tips over the years,
bob campbell
zone 7 - nor-Cal between the bay and the hills

oops - I'd better add that this is year 4 of the problem
year 1 - noticed & did nothing to a 2" tear
year 2 - removed loose bark - it appeared to be trapping moisture
year 3 - applied Minwax to the 3"x 1/2" wound
year 4 - applied vaseline (should I remove it?) to the 3 /12 " x 3/4 " wound

luckily it's on the back side of the tree, unluckily this is the lefthand
main branch. the tree design is sort of a asymetrical 'y'

thank you's to everyone who has already replied

bob