Old 12-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Tom Jaszewski

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:08:36 GMT, Bourne Identity
wrote:

Tom, with all due respect, microbes exist in all healthy soils

That's a good one, how many yards after years of "educated" chemical
use have "healthy soils"?

and can
be obtained with the application of healthy compost (not biosolids).

Composts can vary greatly and results like with tea can be mixed
unless we can control the biological makeup. BTW we can do that to a
point!

Clearly, I did not use aerobic comnpost tea in '93 and when I stepped
on a cultivator clear through my foot, I was infected with myriad
mycobacterium for 18 months.

I'm not sure what that proves...that mycobacterium were present
especially those that will infect humans...doesn't sound very balanced
to me! :)

So, while aerobic compost tea is a tool, it is not THE answer to all
gardening problems.

It is a major tool in soil development, and as you know disease and
insect suppression by natural methods are only possible with an
eclectic approach.

victoria

Thomas