Old 13-07-2005, 03:14 AM
~ janj JJsPond.us

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 20:01:50 -0400, "Gale Pearce"
wrote:

Is there a kind soul out there who knows math better than I do. I have a
fairly high IQ but my ability in math is about zero. For example. Many
years ago I took a course called "Drugs and Solutions." We were given a
test which was mostly math. I got half of them wrong. At the end of the
course they gave us the exact same test again. Again I got half wrong.

But
it was the other half.

My pond is 12 x 14 feet . I top it off with about two inches of water

evry
couple of days. Can someone, anyone, please tell me how many gallons this

would be.

12 X 14 ft, but how much average depth? - you need all 3 #'s to figure out
gallonage (sp?) - I use L X W X average D X 6.7 for that - if you had a
perfect, straight sided, square pond, - you would use 7.5 instead of 6.7,
but our ponds are slope side and round cornered
JMOO - Gale :~)

Two inches was the depth, she wanted to know the gallonage of the
replacement water. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~