Old 13-07-2005, 04:04 AM
Dwayne

I don't know what your problem is, but both hoses should drip at the same
rate. I know that hoses made by different companies will drip at different
rates. I look for a "Y" connector with regulating valves in it, and hook
both up at the same time and turn one down far enough so the dripping is
equal.

I make my garden rows long enough to use one soaker hose per row. If space
doesn't allow that, I go down the row, make a "U" turn and come back on the
next row. I till the ground, rake the dirt from both sides into "raised
row". Then I rake the top of the entire row to flatten it and make the row
wider (usually 6 inches). I lay the soaker hose in the middle of the row
and get it situated. Then I plant my plants or seeds on either or both
sides of the hose. I make a row of radishes, carrots, onions, etc. on each
side of the soaker hose. That way I get double for the amount of room I
have in the garden and the amount of water I put down.

Dwayne

wrote in message
Hi,

I have two soaker hoses, both Hozelock. One seems to work well, in
other words, when I switch the water on it gets wet and drips. The
other one seems much less porous and hardly "leaks" at all. Do soaker
hoses have a life span? Do they clog up or dry-out with age? Is this
what has happened here?

How do they compare with other methods of watering? What do you all
think about these tubes with drip attachments; are they better or
worse?

Thanks.