Old 13-07-2005, 06:51 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
John Savage wrote:

"Pat" writes:
Today I found a turtle munching into my largest ripening cantelope. This is
UNACCEPTABLE behavior... How can I keep them from getting more of the
melons?

Could you drop each fruit into a shallow plastic bucket--large enough
to allow for anticipated growth? First make a few holes in the bucket
to allow rainwater to drain.

Suspending melons in cut panty hose (or just buy a package of cheap
knee-hi nylons!) works well also! I used to do that when the vines
climbed the fence just to support them so they would not break off early
under their own weight.
--
Om.