Old 13-07-2005, 06:45 PM
Roy

I live north in Southern Alabama, and have had above ground stock
tanks in use for years.....There is some years it gets pretty darn
hot, but nothing that overhead shade does not help be it from a simple
structure with shade cloth or an umbrella........Lots of floating
plants like lilys etc help as well. I also provide a lot of surface
aeration as well as my trickle towers which all seem to reduce temps
as well.

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:32:22 -0400, "V.V."
wrote:

===Hello all, I finally found a tub from Tractor Suppy Company. Wondering if
===y'all can give me some pointers. The tub is galvanized metal, 6ft in
===diameter, 375 gallons. I have a two part question involving pump and heat.
===
===I live in Naples Florida. Is there any issue having an above ground pond in
===temperatures like we have here? My pool water is 85 degrees right now. I
===imagine, even with the shade from plants around the tub, that the water will
===get warm.
===
===Second, for that size, I'd like reccomendations on reaonsably priced
===pump/bio filters (or what price is reasonable when looking) for this size.
===Also would like to know which types of filter/pump is the easiest to
===maintain and take care of. Finally, do you recommend an ultra violete
===addition?
===
===Thanks,
===Vince in Naples