Old 11-11-2002, 11:43 PM
tulip

Default Mole deterrants

"Howard Neil" h.neil@whichREMOVE TO REPLY.net wrote

I have the same situation. In my case, my two cats do the job for me. They
keep the garden and the nearest fields free from moles. The nearest mole
hills are about 500 yards away.

They also help with other small rodents (as do the Jack Russell and the
chickens). It seems that rodents don't have many friends. :-)

One of our cats used to be very good at catching moles and would regularly
dump them in the yard!! However, she doesn't seem to bother now, which is
no good. She still catches mice, rats and birds though, so I can't complain
too much.

Polly

---