Old 13-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Pam Moore

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 11:36:51 +0000, Boat Elf
wrote:

Ok - I admit I'm not a huge gardener. But am facing dilemma as an
obviously diseased sycamore tree in a next door garden appears to be
passing it's disease into my garden. Now my bay tree has similar
'symptoms' - small white spots (looks like mould) have started to
appear on the trunk. Leaves are now turning brown and falling off.

Does anyone know what this is and if there is anything I can do about
it?

Can you describe it a bit more? Size? Texture? Have you touched
these white spots which turn brown? Sounds like a type of mealy-bug
which I get some years onsome of my bonsai trees,(including acer which
is related to sycamore) which is controlled by an insecticide spray.

Pam in Bristol