Old 14-07-2005, 12:41 AM
Bourne Identity

On 13 Jul 2005 16:36:09 -0700, "Doug Lassiter"
wrote:

Thanks, I'll look into Finale. Vapam is a carbamate, which isn't
particularly nice stuff, though herbicides in general are not
particularly enviro-friendly. Contrary to what I said, I don't like to
"throw" these things around! Thanks also for your recommendations of
xeriscape plants. The Gaura looks quite impressive.

Yes, it's lovely and it reseeds in addition to being a hardy perennial
for our zone. There is a nice variety 'Sisikyou Pink' which is
lovely, but it usually reverts back to the spp. It is NOT a tidy
plant, so if lush and tidy is what you want, and you never want to
water, you may want to consider bamboo. There are ground cover
bamboo's out there and I also believe I saw it at Barton Springs
Nursery and Garden Center. Monsanto grows it. Expensive, but will
spread rapidly. Rosemary is beautiful if you can contain it. One of
my neighors planted 'Silverado Sage' the dwarf. That also looks very
tidy and is native.

Victoria