Old 14-07-2005, 02:27 AM
B & J

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"B & J" wrote in message
news:xP_Ae.3856$Zt.478@okepread05...

Northern MN, my original home, had a reasonable balance. We had a number
of pack of timber wolves in the area that made Bambi their main food
source,

Will timber wolves eat dogs, too? If so, I'd like to borrow a couple.

It's interesting that you should ask, for they certainly do eat dogs. People
in our town were warned to never put their dogs out on a leash in the
winter, particularly after dark (arrived at 4:30 in December) after a number
of dogs were taken, killed, and eaten by wolves. Some friends of ours who
live in the country had a springer spaniel bitch killed this past winter
when she was allowed out after dark to use the facilities. I felt really
sorry for them, but they were also Bambi lover who fed deer in the winter,
which in turn attracted the wolves to their area. I'm sure they would be
happy to share some wolves with you. Of course, it would be your
responsibility to catch and transport them. :-)

JPS