Old 13-07-2005, 10:15 PM
~ janj JJsPond.us

Normally I don't cross post as many are filtering such out in Rec.Ponds,
(FYI).

Hello all, I finally found a tub from Tractor Suppy Company. Wondering if
y'all can give me some pointers. The tub is galvanized metal, 6ft in
diameter, 375 gallons. I have a two part question involving pump and heat.

I live in Naples Florida. Is there any issue having an above ground pond in
temperatures like we have here? My pool water is 85 degrees right now. I
imagine, even with the shade from plants around the tub, that the water will
get warm.

Second, for that size, I'd like reccomendations on reaonsably priced
pump/bio filters (or what price is reasonable when looking) for this size.
Also would like to know which types of filter/pump is the easiest to
maintain and take care of. Finally, do you recommend an ultra violete
addition? Vince in Naples

Filtration is really based on what you plan to have in the pond. If only
plants and a couple of fish, you could get by with a good air pump and air
stone. So what's your long term plan? ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a