Old 13-07-2005, 09:28 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Malcolm wrote:

Well done, Kay! While I can relate to both Ned's and Nick's responses,
the fact that it is a nature reserve (though whether local society,
local authority or national hasn't been specified) surely requires at
the least the courtesy of enquiring from whoever is responsible for it
whether they mind what you are wanting to do. And while Nick's trenchant
views on wildlife law and lawmakers are very well known, I hope that
even he accepts that some actions on nature reserves can be damaging
(which what you are proposing wouldn't be, in my view) and so there may
be regulations governing what can and cannot be done on this particular
one.

I was posting about damaging actions to various ecologies 25 years
ago! But I am glad that you agree that this action would not be
damaging, despite its illegality - though I am not asking you to
agree publicly that that demonstrates the stupidity of the law.

I never denied that it would be courteous to ask, but the problem
with that is when you get a response from a dogmatist or bureaucrat.
Do you then ignore the idiot or not?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.