Old 13-07-2005, 10:55 PM
Martin Brown

Nick Maclaren wrote:

In article ,
lee.christopher wrote:

Can't resist it: if you leave stuff like that to dry out in the sun before
composting there's no problem.

I have masses of both the common species, and compost both roots
and stems without drying them out. They have not caused any trouble
in 25 years.

How do you work that out. If you have masses of both they are a
continual problem. Though I have to admit that I quite like the pink
field bindweed that has never given me any problems on heavy clay, and I
let the white form grow in the wild hedges. I let bindweed dry in the
sun before composting - the same with ground elder and thistles.

Regards,
Martin Brown