Old 14-07-2005, 05:47 AM
Reel Mckoi

"Courageous" wrote in message

I have always found dead fish and expired frogs floated to the surface,
probably from the internal gas of decomposition. Herons may not be your
only problem. We have herons, cranes, snapper turtles, water snakes and
bullfrogs who were cleaning out our ponds. In desperation to have fish,

we
finally gave in and netted them both.

I feel like I've asked you before, but did you try a dog?

C//

==================================
We had 3 dogs and only one harassed the frogs. He'd jump in after them
breaking the plants, knocking the rocks into the water, terrorizing the fish
and making a mess. I don't think he ever caught one. The Doberman went
after the possums, but the possums ignored the ponds. The big mutt ignored
everything but the moles who stayed away from the ponds choosing mainly the
area by the garden and the trees. She'd dig them up making the yard look
like a war zone and leaving dead moles everywhere. All of them ignored the
herons, snakes and snapper turtles. So yes, we tried dogs.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b