Old 14-07-2005, 06:06 AM
Reel McKoi

"Courageous" wrote in message

area by the garden and the trees. She'd dig them up making the yard look
like a war zone and leaving dead moles everywhere. All of them ignored

the
herons, ...

I would have thought a dog would have been excitable around herons.

C//

============================
Not all dogs. These seemed to know they couldn't catch birds as birds can
fly away - a waste of their time and energy. They even stopped going after
squirrels, since they just climbed a tree out of their reach. But they
could get and kill the possums and moles. They avoided skunks. We finally
fenced in an area for the dogs, and after that they couldn't get to the
ponds. We were afraid they'd get run over out by the road. Too many nuts
driving twice the speed limit.........
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b