Old 14-07-2005, 12:20 PM
Doug Kanter

When you first plant them, you'll want to keep the ground moist for a couple
of weeks. But, once they're mature, they need pretty much nothing. Next
statement refers ONLY to my direct experience growing them in NY State,
zones 5 and 6: I've seen them perfectly happy in full sun, part sun, and
deep shade, regardless of moisture. At my last house, they thrived in winter
temps ranging from 30 down to zero, especially in a particular corner where
we had ice damming, which resulted in the plants being bombarded regularly
by 20 lb chunks of ice.

Very odd plants, but endlessly rich-green. The only thing I don't know is
how they deal with salt, since I never used any, and I've never had occasion
to notice any plantings near roads.

"Mike" wrote in message
What is the care and feeding regimen pachysandra?

Mike

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
Like what's-her-name said, I'd get some local advice, but lean toward
pachysandra. As far as I'm concerned, it's one of a handful of plants
which should be nominate for sainthood. Bulletproof, easy to grow.
Expensive at first, but oh well.