Old 14-07-2005, 01:28 PM
boothbay

Default DEND spike puzzle

My Dendrobium orchid dropped its last flower and I barely could make out
the spike..its so small. That is about a week ago. Since then i watered
the plant and noticed healthy looking roots, now almost coming over the
pot. BUT, when i looked at the spike, hoping to see some sign of
growing, its doing the opposite. It looks like its shriveling almost to
nothing. Healthy roots, poor spike. BTW, in this same pot there are
about 3 more growths of stalks? One is pale color and hard as a 'rock'
and the others are green and healthy looking. What are they? Suckers?