Old 14-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Derek Broughton

Reel McKoi wrote:

"Courageous" wrote in message

area by the garden and the trees. She'd dig them up making the yard
look
like a war zone and leaving dead moles everywhere. All of them ignored

the
herons, ...

I would have thought a dog would have been excitable around herons.

Not all dogs. These seemed to know they couldn't catch birds as birds can
fly away - a waste of their time and energy. They even stopped going
after squirrels, since they just climbed a tree out of their reach.

Yeah, I have two bird dogs (and I've had three others) and they've never had
an interest in birds (I've never had an interest in hunting, so no attempt
to train them to birds). Squirrels, otoh, are a wonderful game...
--
derek