Old 14-07-2005, 01:38 PM
Derek Broughton

~ janj JJsPond.us wrote:

aphids

Think I have sufficent quantity to hose them off and feed 'em to the
fishies??

Don't hose them, worst thing you can do.

I've _always_ done that, with absolutely no bad results. Never do it when
the sun's high though - water spots on the lilies will cause burns.

I guess Dragonflies don't eat aphids? I've seen my mosquito
fish jump through the air, why don't they grab some as they go over the
pads?? Should I get my kids a bucket of Lady Bugs and see what fun they
could have with them?? So many questions!!!

Now the lady bug idea I like.

Unfortunately, lady bugs aren't entirely innocuous. Most of the ones you
find for sale are invasive species. There aren't many genuine North
American lady bugs to be found these days.

Hosing just spreads them around.

Your fish must be too well-fed. My fish never let any "spread".
--
derek