Old 14-07-2005, 03:27 PM
World Traveler

wrote in message
ups.com...
"Okay, let's think about this. You're putting down an inch of water
once a
week. That means even if you can only run one sprinkler or zone at a
time,
you can have seven different zones. "

I don't know of anyone that runs only one zone a day.

[snip]

If the zones do entirely seperate areas, then yes, you could do those
on seperate days. But even then I'm not sure how practical it is.

[snip]

My irrigation system has seven zones, the controller has three programs and
I use all three. The first program is for the lawn and treed areas (zones
1-4), and runs once every three days. The second is for garden areas (zones
5-6) and runs every two days. The third (zone 7) is for isolated sections
set into paving blocks, which dry out faster, and a group of large pots, and
runs every morning, using micro-irrigation.

Now you know someone who runs only one zone a day. :-)