Old 12-11-2002, 06:01 PM
Tumbleweed

Default christmas trees

"Carol Knights" wrote in message
Hello,
I've been lurking for a while and have found some of the topics and tips
very interesting. and helpful.
I'm a bit bothered about Christmas trees - my smallholding is in north

west
Essex and I have a Christmas tree plantation next door. The trees are
sprayed frequently with chemicals and next month they will go on sale as
locally grown organic trees. The unsuspecting public will be bringing

these
indoors into their nice warm rooms to help celebrate the festive season.

God
knows what chemicals they'll be bringing in too.
After what I've seen I'll be having an artificial tree this year!
I don't know if the trees will cause health problems but I'm not going to
take the chance. What do others think?
Carol

You worry too much, unless you plan to eat them.

BTW, as I understand it spraying and organic arent necessarily opposites, it
depends what you spray with. For example, if its a modern,selective chemical
that only kills the pest species its aimed at and is proven in trials to be
non-hazardous to people, its probably not allowed, whereas if its highly
toxic to many forms of life but has been used for a hundred years or more
(for example, bordeaux mixture) then its OK.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks before replying (but no email reply necessary to newsgroups)