Old 14-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Michael Persiano

Tom:

The term Superfeeding can be misleading in that this is a highly regulated program to advance immature materials into a mature bonsai design. It is not about growth for the sake of growth. The majority of my maturity trees are now receiving minimized feedings to maintain their ideal design.

It is difficult to explain the schedule in an email, and a chart certainly helps the interested practitioner. In the interim, this should help: http://members.aol.com/iasnob/superfeeding.html

The details of Superfeeding have been published many times over the years, and are also included in the Pine Book. With that said, I will see if I can get a schedule up on my Web site for those who do not receive Bonsai Today or Bonsai Europe.
With this said, what the practitioner does with the new growth is ultimately based on one's mastery of design strategy and the execution of techniques.

Cordially,

Michael